Flying, Cliff Jumping, and Walking Downhill– Nepal Part II

by - Thursday, July 03, 2014

I'm incapable of writing a proper "goodbye Southeast Asia" post that expresses just how amazing the trip, and all of those I've met along the way, have been, so instead here's one last post from Southeast Asia:


If you haven't seen my last blogpost here's a summary: My dad and I met up in Nepal to go trekking.

Still in the Himalayas – Days 114  to Day 128 (this post picks up on day 123 ) 

On the way back down we stopped at a nunnery where a lovely Dutch woman and Tibetan Healer/Nun were living with a number of young nuns and a few other visiting children.


They invited us on a picnic which was to be “up where that white flag is.” When I hesitated Bernice mentioned it was an amazing place for photos– she had me figured out.
We agreed.
The flag in question turned out to be nearly an hour of straight up.
When we started Dad had a backpack. By the time we reached the top it had passed on to one of the young nuns and they had instead given him a couple of walking sticks.
As promised however, the photos were wonderful.

























Going down was a lot faster than going up and soon we found it was time to say goodbye.



A full day of bus rides then saw us back into tourist territory...

Pokhara – Day 129 to Day 131 

... or at least, tortoise territory– which apparently happened to be a mini mart. 

 My dad's promise that we would go hang gliding by my 16th birthday didn't get very far but we had met some awesome Aussies on the trail who pointed us in the direction of a paragliding company in Pokhara.




This was amazing, but also unfortunately confirmed that literally anything can make me motion sick.


Chitawan – Days 132  to Day 134

A walk around the village


A canoe ride from hell (note, it was not this guys fault ↓ )
 A walk looking for birds (I didn't take any photos of the birds but here's something with teeth to make up for it ↓ )


 The tourists pictured above are looking at the rhino pictured below... not too sure what he's thinking

Kathmandu – Day 135 

One day relaxing in the capital before Dad flew home and I flew to Bangkok.

Thailand (Bangkok/ChiangMai/Bangkok) – Days 136 to 143


And that concludes my time in Southeast Asia...
Well, almost, no trip to Southeast Asia is complete without a bus breaking down...




xoxo –EmmaSkye

You May Also Like

0 comments